Monday, January 22, 2007

Fame Magazine



Being a personal trainer you get the privilege of seeing people workout incorrectly. I mean I'll always help someone out if they have a question or are unsure how to perform a certain exercise but it’s the typical body builder "meat head" kind of guy I can’t stand. They do everything wrong technique wise just to push the heaviest weight they can. The only thing they increase is their ego and the sad thing is it’s usually these types of people that need the most help.

Anyway I want to rant about this magazine that the gym got for members to read, its called Fame Magazine http://www.wnso.com/magazine/ Honestly I hate body builder magazines, I think they are a waste of time and the average Joe that reads these magazines will never be able to reach the type of physiques these morons have. Why? because most of these average Joes have a life... a family...a real job.....they don’t spend their days working out for 4-6 hours and eating a shit load of food not to mentions all the supplements these guys take to get big/ cut and I'm almost certain that most body builders are on juice (steroids) if they aren’t please tell me how you got so big without it and if you really didn’t use it want kind of supplements were you using?!?!?! because they can’t be good for you.

I think magazines like this are a serious fucking joke! And I honestly believe that anyone that desires to be a body builder has self confidence issues and aren’t happy with what they see in the mirror. No matter how big they get. They like the attention they get from other people making them feel superior but to be honest with you when I see people that look this way I feel sorry for them because in the end when being ripped and huge is meaningless you will be one old, shaggy sack of shit that everyone has forgotten about.

I wont lie I do use protein and creatine every so often but my goal isn’t to huge or compete, I use this stuff as a way to supplement my diet (more so the protein then the creatine). Now I know this sounds hypocritical but having lean tissue isn’t a bad thing and I pride myself for being fairly lean but not bulky. I like to think I can push some decent weight for my size but never would I feel so unhappy about myself and my body as to become a body builder.

So if you do read magazines like Fame or whatever be real with your self and realize that this people have issues and that no healthy individual should look this way.