Thursday, January 18, 2007

Free Bird

So I went to the bank the other day and the lady behind the counter asked me if I wanted to started an RSP. I actually took some interest and made an appoitment to talk to someone about it. To bad I forget when the appointment actually is. Anyway the whole save for the future what am I doing with my life thing came up.

I called my mum and told her about the RSP thing and she basically said that doing one now would be a bad idea!

I mean I want to go back to Uni but I dont want to be taking more OSAP and paying and RSP at the same time! Fuck i'll be in so much debt by the time I finish school.

I actually dont mind the whole making money thing, I can actually have a life and buy myself some shit. Being poor blows. What if I decide to live in England for a year or Australia?!?! I mean I could I have close family in both countries. I wouldnt want an RSP if I go away plus I'm already paying my student loans, 160$ a month.... which reminds me I need to put some money away for that.

I liked what my mum said, "Your young, enjoy living life. You dont need to save money to die right now. Dont fall into the north american trend" and To be honest shes right! Living in England from what I've experienced is totally different from living in Canada. In North America it seems you go to school, get a degree, get a good job,get married, have kids, plan for retirement and die. Oh and you travel some where in between all that shit.

Living a life style like that has its perks but right I think I'll live some life!