Friday, January 19, 2007

7 Day Itch



I got a tattoo last weekend and it turned out really good! For those that don’t know the story behind me getting the tattoo I'll explain!

I've always wanted a tattoo and I was explaining this to one of my clients at the gym that I would love to get my family crest! Anyway I usually get all my long term clients some sort of Xmas gift as a way to say thanks f0r sticking with me. I got some nice things but one of my clients (Shannon) got me a gift certificate to a tattoo parlor! 400$ worth! So I was totally shocked and felt shity because all I got him was a book on exercise anatomy and a bottle of balsamic vinegar (He loves the stuff). He's a great guy and runs one of the worlds largest tattoo and body modification websites www.bme.com he also has a pretty interesting blog www.zentastic.com.

Well, the tattoo turned out great but I'm lacking a digital camera these days so I’ll show you what my family crest looks like (pictured above). The tattoo is a fair size and covers half my upper back.

While I'm on size a friend saw my tattoo and said it was too big. Personally I think when someone gets a tattoo, piercing, or whatever that even if you don’t like it you should at least encourage them about it and not make them feel as though they did something stupid or made a mistake by doing it. Its just what friends do I think unless it's really dumb like thinking about getting a tattoo across your forehead with the words stupid, then I hope my friends would say your an idiot.

One thing I find about tattoos is that everyone gets small tattoos and I can’t really understand why? I mean are you ashamed of it? Girls especially. Small of their back, top of their thigh where ever it is the smaller it is the less detailed its going to be and when you do age its gonna look like shit. So if you do decide to get a tattoo my only advice is make sure it has some meaning (Girls, don’t get a stupid fairy or something like that I mean WTF or the Chinese lettering. If you don’t have a Chinese background what’s the point? Are you keeping a secret? And what does it really say "this tattoo sucks" research it a little) and make sure its size is proper.

Oh and tattoos are sooo itchy, just imagine not being able to scratch something...especially when its half your back!