Thursday, March 8, 2007

A Man's Best Friend!

************ Dedicated to my dogs Jack & Ben*************

So Saira, a client of mine at the gym came into train with me tonight. She was a little bit late and I usually bug her about being late when I see her as a joke.

(Saira if your reading this I'm always joking about you being late, you always have a good reason but in all honesty if you were 20 mins late I wouldnt care and would probably train your 20 mins later if I could.)

So ya Saira came in upset and because she had a busy/ stressful day, so I kinda felt bad for bugging her for being late. I knew this already but it wasn;t 100% for sure what was going to happen but Saira's dog has cancer and she found out tonight before the gym that he wasn't going to beat it. She started crying at the gym and I really felt like and ass. I told her that she should go home and be with her dog and that I wouldnt charge her for the session, I mean if I did I would hope someone would call me an asshole. So Saira just remember what I said, be happy that you know your dog had such a good life and was lucky to have you as a mum because many dogs aren’t so lucky and I'm sure deep down Milo knows this and he love you for being there for him.

I love my dog Jack so much! he's defiantly one of my best friends. He's never been mean, angry, hurtful, ungrateful, disrespectful ever! He is always happy to see me no matter what time of day or what I've done wrong! He knows all my secrets and has never told anyone or judges me for them. All he asks is to be feed, walked, and loved and I think thats a pretty sweet deal considering all the things he gives me without saying a word. Dogs are there for you when you need a friend and I don’t care what anyone says but dogs know when you’re upset or happy.

Now you could say I'm being (for lack of a better word) retarded but I think you can't understand what I'm talking about untill you've had a pet you really love. Dogs become a family member. When they are sick you pay the vet to heal them because it hurts you knowing that they are in pain. If they were a son or a daughter you would do the same and feel the same. It just blows my mind when people can have dogs for several years and then just get ride of them because of work or moving. Now I agree that if they dont have enough time for the dog it isn't fair but shame on you for getting a dog in the first place and if the dog with a child could you do the same thing? I think it's cruel to give a dog away especially if its old...I mean your its family the only people in the world that they really know. Could you imagine if your family left you while growing up? It would be horrible and I couldn’t imagine the sadness/ loneliness/ confusion it would bring. So for every dog that gets mistreated or left behind I'd like to punch the past owners as hard as I could so they could feel only a quarter of the pain their pet would. Ok I know that sound corny but you get me.

Oh and I know I didn't mention Ben while talking about Jack but thats because Ben passed away a few years ago. We got him from Golden Retriever Rescue as my mum did some work for them. He was old when we got him, like 10 or something. He had come from a home that didn;t want him anymore because they were too busy with their kids. I mean what fucks...to have a dog till its 10 and give it away. Anyway, I truly believe that Ben was better off with us because it got a great life in return. Lots of toys, walks, food, and endless love. What a great dog to. He wasn;t scared of any dog no matter what size it was. He was our protector and we loved him for it. Jack is a total ditsy dog, I sometimes think he's gay because he is really emotional but I still love him. anyway.....

Well I'm sure I'll have a dog when I'm a bit older and alittle more financially stable. What kind i'm not sure but I do know and this is fact. Golden Retrievers are simply the best dog you can get. Better than any dogs named Tucker or Buckley..

Oh and if you love dogs I highly recommend www.cuteoverload.com not I know that doesn;t sound very manly but its a good site for animal lovers and I actually found it while on the beastie boys website so there!!!Acutally I didnt find it and ex gf did but still! (Oh click pupps on the right hand side thats the best one)