Sunday, February 4, 2007

The Ministry of Sound


I met up with Anthony on Sat night. Anthony is a long time friend who I've known since I was a kid. Any time I go back to England I always hang out with him. We usually hang out with his friends or go out to a night club or maybe even see Arsenal together. He is defiantly one of my good friends so thanks Anthony for all the good times!

Anyway, I met up with Anthony and a few of his friends and we went out to Ministry of Sound in London. If you don’t know what the Ministry of Sound is then think about a rave! And all that type of music, plus all the cocaine and ecstasy which was defiantly around!

I really got a better understanding as to why people take these drugs while at a rave of something along those lines! First off we got there at 12:30 and the place closes at 6:30 am, so not knowing this ahead of time I was pretty surprised. I can barely make it to 2 am in Canada so 6:30 was going to be a fucking trip let me tell ya. Anyway back to the drugs thing. I think it all has to do with the music. I mean it just doesn’t stop and even though it always sounds different from DJ to DJ somehow it all sounds the same. The beats and bass etc. I know that sounds weird but listen to some different "techno" music and you'll know what I mean especially any music from "Pure Pete Tong" who was one of the main DJ's. I defiantly enjoyed the music and I can see why it’s so easy to dance to. It’s not like the music you would hear at a night club, like no commercial artistes or familiar beats, it's a bunch of different sounds being put together in a pattern to make.....well music (that’s my interpretation of it). Well if you’re going to be dancing for 6 hours straight and you want to keep your energy up while becoming "one" with the music then I guess drugs are the best option as booze makes you tired (well it does for me).

What was also nice is that Anthony had a friend that use to work for the Ministry of Sound so he got us line by pass and access to VIP so I felt very important and to be honest if it wasn’t for the VIP I don’t think I could have lasted until well 5 am (When we left). This is mainly because the VIP was less crowded and wasn’t as loud, so I got a bit of a break from the dance floor.

So my first "rave" experience went alright! I don’t mind the music and everyone is so fucked that it doesn't matter if you know how to dance or not you just have to move you body to the beat. Thank god because if I saw myself dancing then I probably would of thought I was an absolute tool.

Anyway England is great! I can’t stop eating the chocolate though! Man it sooooo good. So I've told myself that I can’t have as much as I am eating. I don’t think I could cut it out completely but I got to stop eating as much as I am.