Monday, February 26, 2007

The Perfect Woman




God is there such a thing? I guess it depends on what your looking for.....your "Type". Either way I know I'm young and that I have years to find the right one but I guess I can't help but look.

Lately my luck with the opposite sex hasn't been the greatest. The funny thing is I can be friendly with any girl and get along with them great (Atleast that what I think, let me know if you think otherwise) and usually I tend to have more friends that are girls then guys. I'd argu that now seeing how I have been hanging out with Brad, Marc, and occasionally Garth (Garth snowboarding sunday?) more. So I dunno if I can be friends with girls why can't I find the right one to date? Maybe I'm being selfish/ picky? I dunno, I figure I dont need to get in a relationship just because, but on the other hand I'm not big on dating...I'd rather have a girlfriend instead. Someone to rely on and support, I find that more meaningful. I think Chris Rock said it best "Even if you find the perfect person it's not gonna be at the perfect time. Your single, they're married. Your straight, they're gay. Your a black women, his a black man.......". There always seems to be something in the way, attitudes, past relationships, distance, interests, religion, age......

My perfect woman would be.....the girl in the movie True Romance. (If you havent seen the movie and want to then I wouldnt read on as I'm basically going to tell the whole story in short)

Anyway, I know the title sounds like this movie would be all lovie dovie but it's the total opposite. The movie is about this woman (I'll give her the name Mary) that is sent to hang out with this man (She's a call girl) because he is a bit of a loner, nice guy but keeps to him self. He is in the middle of a movie theatre when Mary walks behind him and spills popcorn all over him (on purpose) to start a convosation. Anyway they get talking and at the end of night Mary confesses her love for him even though she was being paid the entire time just to have sex with him. I wish I remembered his name (so I'll call him Joe) but Joe loves her back, the only problem is Mary has a pimp and she cant quit because her pimp is a bad guy and has all her stuff (have I lost you yet?) Anyway He loves her so much that he decides to get her stuff and kill Mary's pimp while he's at it. When he gets back they find out that he grabbed the wrong bag and that they bag he grabed was loaded with cocaine. Ok I'll try to wrap this up. They decide to go to Miami to sell the coc to some big shot producer extremely cheap so they can live off the money and never work again. The cops find out whats happening and decide to wire one of thier friends to bust them during the drug deal. The cops bust in and have a gun fight with the big shot producers mafia. Joe gets shot while mary hides. Near the end of the fight Mary goes to Joe crying because she think he's dead when a cop goes to pull a gun on her, she grabs a gun and kills the cop. Joe wakes up from being unconsciouse, they escape the fight and steal the money from the producer to have a kid and live in peace. The good guys live and the bad guys die.

So what does this have to do with my perfect girl? Well The girl "Mary" loves "Joe" and believes in him. They have a cause and she will do everything she can to protect and support Joe. Even if it means killing someone. Now I dont want anyone to kill someone for me but I love the fact that she is there to protect her man and believes that in the end they will be living happily ever after. Even if Joe has done many wrongs to reach thier dream like killing her pimp, selling cocaine or whatever, she knows that he is doing it all for her. True Romance

I wish more woman were like that. Call me old fasfion but I like it when a woman looks up to her man as the provider/ the one that does the dirty work. Sometimes I think woman strive so much for equality between them and thier man that its causes fights. Now please girls take that with a grain of salt, I understand that it cant always be like that and that it isnt always the woman. I'm just trying to say that I feel like most relationships dont work because the couple dont try to work together to reach the ultimate goal (whatever that is), instead they work against eachother because of insecurities or selfishness.


Well thats my two cents......